ZUCCHINI RAVIOLI WITH HEIRLOOM TOMATOES, BASIL, AND THYME
-2 plum tomatoes, sliced
-1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes, cut in half
-1 garlic clove, minced
-Light extra virgin olive oil
-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
-3 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
-1 cup nonfat ricotta cheese
-½ cup grated parmesan cheese
-3 medium-sized green zucchini and summer squash, cut evenly lengthwise on a mandolin
-4 sprigs fresh thyme
-Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
-Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 400 Degrees. Slice plum tomatoes and halve cherry tomatoes. In a large baking dish arrange tomatoes. Set aside.
2) Slice zucchini on a mandolin into thin strips and lay on a paper towel to drain the water. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
3) In a medium-sized bowl combine the nonfat ricotta cheese, chopped basil, parmesan cheese, pinch of salt and cracked black pepper.
4) On a cutting board lay out two zucchini slices to form an X.
Spoon a nice amount of the ricotta filling into the center of the zucchini X and wrap the bottom ends together and then the other ends to complete the package. You can then secure them closed with a tooth pick. Continue until all the filling and zucchini slices are gone.
5) Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the bottom of the large baking dish. Arrange the zucchini ravioli and the tomatoes, then drizzle with the remaining olive oil, chopped basil, and thyme.
6) Bake for 25 minutes. Remove, drizzle a little balsamic vinegar, and serve warm. For a little zing add red pepper flakes. YUM!