CRUNCHY “CHEESY” CHICKPEAS
Loaded with protein, fiber, and zinc my super addicting vegan Crunchy “Cheesy” Chickpeas are a healthy choice to satisfy those snack cravings. I also love to toss them in salad for some added inspiration!
-2 cans of chickpeas, drained
-1 ½ tablespoon light olive oil or coconut oil
-4 tbsp Nutritional Yeast*
-1 ½ tsp garlic powder
-1 ½ tsp paprika
-1 tbsp Himalayan sea salt
-Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2) Drain and dry the chickpeas, toss with olive oil, and season lightly with salt and pepper.
3) Spread chickpeas on a non-stick cookie sheet. Back for 30 minutes or until crispy.
4) In a bowl toss warm chickpeas with the nutritional yeast, garlic powder, paprika, and a little cayenne pepper if you’re like me and like them spicy 😉
Enjoy! And don’t feel guilty when you eat the whole bowl yourself!
* Nutritional yeast can be bought at your local health food store and has a delicious savory and cheesy taste. It is included in many vegetarian and vegan recipes. I am addicted to this stuff and put it on everything! It is also provides essential B vitamins!